Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Beer Tasting: Duck Rabbit Milk Stout

5.7% ABV

Enjoyed on 08.28.14



Football season. I think I drink twice as much beer during late summer/early fall due to football season.  So with the kickoff game between South Carolina and Texas A&M on the newly founded SEC Network, I knew it was time to pop the top on a beer I've been saving. Good thing I opened it before trying to get the game on - because the SEC has apparently decided that Time Warner customers will not be able to watch its prized new network on the WATCHESPN app.  No worries, I had this delicious brew to keep me company and plenty more football to watch later.


Observations: This dark, almost pitch black stout has a thick consistency with the tiniest of brown heads that hangs on just long enough for me to sniff it. Even in the nose this beer is sweet smelling and leaves me in anticipation of the lactose bomb. It is fairly thick in the mouth with a light roasty flavor dominated by the sweetness. Coffee seems to be in the back seat a bit as far as flavors go for most stouts, but just because it isn't a beer you really need to "get to know" doesn't mean it isn't delicious.

Conclusions:  This is the best milk stout in the North Carolina region.  If you are looking for a solid dark beer to recommend to someone wanting to move up from Guinness, this just might be the one.

-Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment