Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Sierra Nevada - Beer Camp 2014

As a Master’s graduation gift my mother in law bought me the Sierra Nevada Beer Camp pack. She didn’t know exactly what it was but she knew I would like it. It was an amazing gift that kept my tastebuds guessing all through the month of September as I worked my way through the wide range of styles. I’m just going to share a few notes on this journey. I’d love to know what you thought of the Beer Camp this year and if your experience was anything like mine!

Yonder Bock Tropical Maibock – Silky malt body with crazy fruit flavors like mango, passion fruit, and guava. Wildly refreshing despite the heavy malt body.
Yvan the Great  Belgian Style Blonde  – Now THAT is some classic farmhouse funk
Maillards Oddysey Imperial Dark Ale– Dark delicious thick and heavy – overwhelmingly sweet
Canfusion Rye Bock– Spicily delicious
Tater Ridge Scottish Ale– these are sweet potatoes?
Myron’s Walk – Belgian Style Pale Ale– Dare I say… Belgiany? Very fruity and light
Double Latte Coffee Milk Stout – Is this a beer or is this a dessert? I’m not sure but I want another
Electric Ray India Pale Lager – This was the most amazing hoppy lager I’ve ever had
Chico King  Pale Ale– A solid pale with a good malt backbone
There and Back ESB – Great ESB with full malty goodness
Alt Route Altbier – Typically I think weak thin brown ale but this was malty and slightly dry but was very refreshing
Torpedo Pilsner  Hoppy Pilsner– thin and crisp but packing a big hop burst of flavor


I tried to photodocument this journey as best I could. I may have consumed some of the beers quicker than my camera could take the picture – I blame Sierra Nevada and all their collaborators for crafting such delicious beverages.









No comments:

Post a Comment